New Blog

Regular (ha!) updates on the latest development progress

New Blog

Postby stormclouds » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:20 am

Hi, my name is Simon, and for the last month or so I've been toying with XNA, Microsoft's games SDK. I've decided to blog my antics, which will hopefully achieve two things:

1. Get exposure for what I'm working on.
  2. Provide motivation to keep me going.

Previously, I've had issues with seeing a software project through to the end. What I hopefully need is some outside pressure to get the job done.

First, a little about me - I've been a keen programmer for approaching 20 years now, starting out on the ZX Spectrum, and then on to the Atari ST. On the ST I got bitten by the games programming bug, producing (but mainly not finishing) many projects. I used STOS BASIC, specifically written for games programming.

After the ST came uni, a job, and to be honest, 15 years of boring corporate programming. Until about a month ago, where I discovered XNA. It took me right back to those teenage days - programming all sorts of games, and anything seemed possible. I had an idea - maybe I should write the perfect game, the game I've always wanted to play, but never found. Some games have come close, but none contained all the features I've wanted.

What is this game? I'll answer that question in my next post.

I figure I should post something though, to keep the tastebuds whetted. Here is a screenshot of my latest WIP:

stormclouds
Site Admin

Re: New Blog

Postby Lotus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:06 am

This honestly looks like a pretty sweet game. I'm guessing that you play as the plane and try to bomb the tanks?
Lotus

Postby Ben » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 am

Just found this on the XNA forum. Looking forward to seeing more.
Ben

Postby stormclouds » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 am

Thanks guys - its just a tech demo right now. I'll be explaining a bit more in the next few days.
stormclouds
Site Admin

Return to Dev Blog